What does Process Improvement or LEAN Thinking mean?
Many service-based companies are looking to improve their business processes, and bring efficiencies and structure to their organisations.
However, many do not associate LEAN thinking and principles with improving their processes.
We like to think of LEAN as described by Deming back in the 1950s. Deming stated:
This may be a little harsh and could be re-phrased as:
“If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, then each time it is done, it may be done differently. It is also likely that each client may have a different experience of your process”.
understanding the concepts
More and more service businesses and those in the SME sector are applying this simple view of process improvement and LEAN thinking. They’re understanding the concepts of added-value and rapidly increasing productivity and profitability.
Happier employees are engaged. Their existing expertise is leveraged to build ways of working smarter. This, in turn, delivers better client experiences and a better bottom line.
Time and time again we’ve seen the results of employing simple Process Improvement strategies to our clients.
ncco offers the following services around Process Improvement:
- Simple Service Industry based Process Improvement (check out our blog post on service-based Process Improvement)
- Digital Transformation – Improve Systems and Processes
- System Automation and/or Improvement options to ensure efficient and streamlined processes and workflows
- Business Efficiency through Process Optimisation
- Consulting, Advisory & Mentoring – Process Optimisation / Improvement